The Department of Business Administration organised an online certificate course on Campus to Corporate from July 9 to July 23 for a duration of 30 hours. The beneficiaries of this course were 140 members consisting of students of PUC, UG and PG from various colleges.
The course was designed with an objective to prepare students for Campus to Corporate Jobs transition by helping the students improve their communication (Spoken, Written and Presentation Skills) and by building confidence, self-esteem and positive changes in the attitude and the behaviour of the participants. The course also intended to impart career specific practical inputs along with sharing the expectations of the corporate by giving inputs into writing their resumes, facing interviews and learning corporate etiquette which will help to improve the overall personality of the students.
Sr Dr M. Venissa A.C., Principal, St Agnes College encouraged the participants to actively participate and learn fruitfully from all the sessions.
The Resource Speakers of this course were
1. Ms Sushma V, Asst. Professor, MBA Dept, Sahyadri College of Engineering and Management explained the techniques used in Corporate Communication and skills required for Employability.
2. Dr Malini Hebbar, HOD Of English, St Agnes Centre for PG Studies & Research explained the ways to improve presentation and writing skills.
3. Ms Nithasha Shetty, Image Consultant, Etiquette and Grooming Coach spoke on Corporate Etiquettes.
4. Ms Preetham Kamath, Life Skills Trainer emphasized on Post COVID leadership and through self-assessment helped the participants to understand the type of leadership they have and the ways to improve their leadership skills.
5. Mr Manoj Fernandes, Lecturer, St Aloysius College spoke on Conflict Management and how to react in the conflicting situation in one’s professional life.
6. Mr Manoj Louis, Assistant Professor of Commerce, GFGC, Kavoor motivated on Goal Setting - Establishing Smart Goals, Formulation of Goals and Visualization of Goals.
7. Mrs Deepa, Assistant Professor of Psychology, St Agnes Centre for PG Studies & Research spoke on Group Dynamics & Interpersonal Relationship.
8. Mr Abhilash K, Managing Director, Abhijnya Education Pvt Ltd took two sessions on Writing Effective Resume. Facing Interview and Group Discussion and asked the participants to draft their own CV as a part of the assignment.
9. Dr Kavyashree, Assistant Professor of Psychology, St Agnes Centre for PG Studies & Research spoke on Stress Management and shared a few tips to cope up with stress.
10. Dr Preethi Dsouza, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce, Mangalore University shared her inputs on Personality Development& Time Management.
11. Dr Devi Prabha Alva, Associate Professor of Commerce, St Agnes College explained the importance of Decision Making & Personal Branding.
All the sessions were accompanied by questions and answer session. The course also included a few assignments, MCQ’s and feedback session.
The certificate course was Coordinated by Mrs Sabina Dsouza, HOD of BBA and assisted by Dr Neethu Suraj, Mrs Chethana, Mrs Prima Dsouza and Mr Elson Dsouza, Assistant Professors of BBA.
The Certificate course was highly appreciated by the participants and expressed to have such courses in future also. E- Certificates were given to the participants on completion of all the required assignments.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.