Udupi: Udupi district under 14 boys are the winners in state level Table Tennis tournament for the academic year 2018/19, held at Milagres English Medium Schools, Kallianpur near here from 6th to 8th October, 2018.
The tournament results as follows :
Under 14 Boys :
Fourth place : Chickmagaluru, Third Place : Mysore, Second Place : Sirsi and First Place Udupi.
Under 14 Girls :
Fourth place : Bellary, Third Place : Belgaum, Second Place : Bengaluru South and First Place : Bengaluru North.
Under 17 Boys :
Fourth Place : Chikmagaluru, Third Place : Mysore, Second Place : Udupi and First Place : Bengaluru South.
Under 17 Girls :
Fourth Place : Bagalkote, Third Place : Udupi, Second Place : Bengaluru North and First Place : Bengaluru South.
State level Table Tennis Tournament 2018/19 under 14 & 17 Boys and Girls Result – Udupi district
Selection for Nationals
Under 14 Girls
1. Bangaluru district, student name Trupti Praveen of 7th standard at Poornaprajna Education Centre.
2. Bengaluru district, student name Bhoomika N. of 8th standard at Camlin English School.
3. Bengaluru district, student name Theertha A of 7th standard at Poornaprajna Education Centre
4. Bengaluru district, student name Shreya Ravi Kumar of 7th standard at Poornaprajna Education Centre,
5. Bengaluru district, student name Harshini R Havanur of 6th standard at Camlin English School.
Under 14 Boys :
1. Sirsi district, student name Piyush Jadav of 7th standard at Milagres English Medium School, Kallianpur.
2. Udupi district, student name Jeroham Lloyd of 8th standard at Shree Narayana Guru English School, Malpe
3. Udupi district, student name Aidthya G Kotian of 7th standard at Shree Narayana Guru English School, Malpe,
4. Udupi district, student name Kishan Sridhar of 7th standard at Milagres English Schools, Kallianpur
5. Udupi district, student name Manjunath Ashok Chavalagi at Milagres English Schools, Kallianpur
Under 17 Boys : (Selection for Nationals)
1. Bengaluru, student name Srikanth Kashyap of 8th standard at Sri Kumaran Children’s Home
2. Bengaluru, student name Sujan R Bhardwaj of 8th standard at Sri kumaran Children’s Home
3. Bengaluru, student name Akash K J of 8th standard at Sri Kumaran Children’s Home
4. Udupi, student name Sanman Shashidhar of 9th standard at Shree Narayana Guru English School, Malpe
5. Udupi, student name Vian Thomas of 8th standard at Milagres English Schools, Kallianpur
Under 17 Girls : (Selection for Nationals)
1. Bengaluru, student name Anarga Manjunath of 9th standard at Bengalore International Academy English Medium School
2. Bengaluru, a student name Aditi P Joshi of 10 standard at Poorna Prajna High School, Bengaluru
3. Bengaluru, a student name Drishti S More of 10th standard at Camlin English School
4. Bengaluru, a student name Kalyani D of 10th standard at Sri Kumaran Children’s Home
5. Bengaluru, a student name Ananya H P of 10 standard at Poorna Prajna High School, Bengaluru.
In his address former Sports and Youth Empowerment Minster of state Pramod Madhwaraj said that there are plenty of opportunities and scope for the young sportsmen than ever. When I was a Sports Minister in order to support and encouragement for the youths introduced a scheme call ‘Sahashra Kridya Pathibha Yojane” in the state. Later the Union government also introduced same scheme with the intention to support the young sportsmen. Age is not barrier for sports. For the achievements age cannot bar. Under his tenure as a sports minister, he introduced Dasara Sports Tournament in the state in order to identify the talents of the sportsmen. So it will be easier to move forward in other tournaments. He introduced to support sportsmen achievers with financially.
He praising the host Milagres English Medium School, Pramod Madhwaraj said that it is only possible to Christian Schools to good administration as well as hospitality. It’s not so easy to conduct such top level tournaments. He gave gratitude to Milagres English Schools for their effort to host the tournament with grand success.
Madhukar S. District Physical Education Director placed the some of the hints to eligible students for national level tournament to be held at Agra in next month of November. He gave gratitude to host Milagres English Schools organizers for their most successful state level table tennis tournament. He also wished to all the participants from various 30 districts of the Karnataka state.
Smt Veronica Cornelio former president of Udupi taluk panchayat, Rtn Braan D’Souza President of Rotary Club Kallianpur, Umesh PTA President spoke during the valedictory programme.
Most Rev Dr. Lawrence D’Souza gave his presiding address. Veera D’Silva Head Mistress of Milagres English Medium Primary School welcomed the gatherings. Sathish Shetty compered the programme with his supper style.
Dr. Nery Cornelio Vice President of Milagres Parish Pastoral council, Felciana Lewis Secretary, Jyothi Lewis President of Sthree Sangaton, Kallianpur Deanery, Vincent Mascarenhas Senior Physical teacher and other physical educational officials were present on the dais.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.