Manipal (The Hindu): Goods were damaged after fire broke out at a hardware shop in Saptami Residency building at Eshwar Nagar, here on Tuesday. Luckily no one was hurt.
Vasanth Kumar H.M., District Fire and Emergency Services Officer, told The Hindu that the fire station in Udupi received a call about the fire around 11.30 a.m. Immediately two fire tenders from Udupi and one from Karkala rushed to the spot. The Fire and Emergency Services personnel used foam and water and doused the fire.
While the fire was brought under control in 30 minutes, the entire operation took about two hours.
A large number of goods in the hardware shop were damaged. Though a short-circuit is suspected to be the cause of the accident, the real cause would be known only after investigations.
Except the fact that smoke had entered nearby shops and the residential apartments above the shops, there was no other damage to them. The building had ground floor plus three floors on the top, Mr. Kumar said. A case had been registered at the Manipal police station.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.