Belthangady: Sandesh (23), the driver of a private bus which was heading towards Madanthyar from Uppinangady sustained burn injuries when the mobile phone in his shirt pocket exploded suddenly. The incident took place at Alake near Madanthyar when the bus had stopped for passengers to get down.
The driver with great presence of mind, took off his shirt which was on fire and threw it away. The battery of the mobile phone was completely destroyed in the explosion.
Later, Sandesh was rushed to the hospital in the same bus with the help of another driver.
Sandesh had bought the Intex smart phone a year ago.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.