Calgary, Sep 8th: Over 150 South Asian and specially Mangalorean origin people living in Calgary celebrated the much-loved event 'Nativity – Monthi Fest' on September 8 at St Thomas More Church, NE, Calgary, Alberta.
The main celebrant for the mas was Fr. Roshan Pinto, Asst pastor of St. Thomas More and other priests who concelebrated mass were Fr John Pinto, main pastor of St. Thomas More and Fr. Mario OCD, Superior Mount Carmel Spirituality Centre, Edmonton, AB.
Venisha Roshni welcomed church gathering and announced central theme of the liturgy “Birth of Mary is the happiness of Christian life”. In the Salvation plan Mary was chosen to be mother of Jesus. Hence, celebration of birth of Mary is of prime importance. As we celebrate family feast of the Blessed Mary who united us and make our families blessed. As we offer first fruits to the Lord and we thank him for we all gifts we received. Additionally, congregation prayed to Mother Mary, on her birthday to intercede for us and bless us through Jesus our Lod, so that we could have unity, love and peace and tranquility to prevail through her grace.
During the homily by Fr. John Pinto commenting on the readings of the Sunday chalk fed to be proclaimers of the Good News. He brought in the example of Mary’s enthusiasm in sharing the good news to her cousin, Elizabeth. He invited congregation to be faithful disciples and proclaimers.
Choir was led by Jerry Rodrigues and Fr. Roshan Pinto to the solemnity of the occasion. Piano was played by Susan Correa joined by many choir members of Mangalorean community.
As per tradition, after the mass the crowd followed to the parish hall with Mother Mary’s statue in procession. Children and adults offered flowers to Mary. Marian songs, Sokkod Sagatha Melya and Moreyek Hoggulsia was sung for Mother Mary.
Immediately after mass Fr John Pinto blessed harvest or Novem (vorn) followed by non-stop entertainments by Calgary Konkons.
The Master of Ceremony of the day was Niyloa they welcomed everyone.
Rezni Dsouza thanked everyone for all thoroughly enjoyed the food and are having a great time. Here is her thank you note elaborated….
On behalf of the entire Calgary Mangalorean Community, we take immense pleasure in extending this vote of thanks, Firstly to God for giving us this opportunity to gather together and celebrate Mother Mary's birthday. We are always thankful and grateful for the Mighty's blessings.
She offered special thanks to few important people without which this festive event would have not been possible.
1. Anand and Team for Catering and working so hard to prepare this delicious food for us
2. Jerry Moras for his dedication and support towards planning and coordinating the program.
2. Natasha Dsouza for her time in issuing coupons and collecting funds .
3. Rudy and team for doing a great job in beautifully setting up and decorating this hall and stage for us
4. Craig, Audrey Martis and Team for presenting the wonderful skit and taking all the effort and time to work with the participants
5. Ronald D'souza for creating memories and always being ready to capture special moments of our lives
6. A big Thank you to Steven for lighting up this event with his music
7. Thanks to Niyola for enthusiastically agreeing to be the Mc for the night and conducting the programme
8. A big Thank you to all the dancers and singers for their interest in practicing and putting up such a wonderful performance such as song by kids, song by Slyloh, dance by Alex,, Sona, Reemal, Rigel and group, song by Judah and Leon, dance by Neyola and Servin, dance by Rumika and group dance by adults.
Last but not the least, A big Thank you to all who contributed in every small way to make this event a grand success.
The dance floor was open till 11.30 pm to enjoy the night and the program wound down with Konkani masala dance. The event was a successful one, under the guidance and direction of Fr John Pinto.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.