Karnataka NRI Forum UAE President Praveen Kumar Shetty called the first meeting on 14th April, 2018 evening at Fortune Plaza Hotel, Al Ghusais Dubai with the representatives of various communities of Karnataka residing in the UAE. The meet was to brief the registration process of NRK Card for the people of Karnataka which will be issued by the Government of Karnataka and also to know the facilities available with the card.
KNRI Forum UAE a governmental body for Kannadigas in UAE, last year in April was inaugurated in Dubai at the Indian Consulate Auditorium and was inaugurated by Karnataka Chief Minister Shri. Siddaramayya. Businessman Praveen Kumar Shetty was elected as the first President of this body. Under his leadership this meeting was held yesterday and with him were General Secretary Prabhakar Ambalthere, Vice President’s Ganesh Rai & M.E. Moolur on the dais.
Based on the Press Release made by the Consulate General of India Dubai, Indian Community Welfare Fund Committee Member N. Mohan briefed on the facilities available at the Indian Consulate for all Indians in respect of any issues or grievances faced by our Citizens.
President Praveen Shetty gave detailed information on the KNRI Forum UAE body registration process with Karnataka NRI Forum, permission process, registration for members and later providing the NRK Card for the members in the meet.
General Secretary Prabhakar Ambalthere later shared the information on the facilities which are available in the NRK Card. These are the facilities attached to the NRK Card:-
1) Life Insurance for KNRI’s
2) Prioritized swift facility available in any of Governmental offices in the District where the card holder belongs to.
3) Loan facility and reasonably reduced interest rates in the State Government recognized banks
4) Around Rupees 2 Lakhs grant for those Family back home, whose KNRI Members, in case meets with an tragic accident or faces unforeseen accidental death, during their annual vacation in their home city.
5) Governmental support for those KNRI’s who opt to start any new business in Karnataka State
6) Support from Government for those KNRI’s who return from overseas after job loss. Facility in training and re-locating home will be provided by the government.
7) Special discount in State Hospitals will be provided for the NRK Card holders
8) Tax Free facility for those KNRI’s who do or conduct Social Service back home
9) Special pricings for KNRI’s who opt to stay in Hotels near Tourist places
Later Joint Secretary Deepak Somashekar explained on the online registration process for NRK Card and briefed that only those persons who falls into the below criteria can register:-
1) Minimum 6 months stay in UAE required in the Visa validity
2) Passport size photo in digital file should be http://canaranews.com/uploaded
3) Only Digital Indian Passport with home address should be http://canaranews.com/uploaded
Once the above is done and registration process is completed, one will receive an email confirmation on the registration completion. Later in a few days’ time one will receive the details of the NRK card delivery.
Followed was question and answer session and few questions raised was answered appropriately.
Vice Presidents of KNRI Forum UAE, Harish Sherigar, Dr. Kaup Mohammed, Treasurer Sadan Das, Joint Secretary Noel Almeida and other Committee Members were present during the meeting. Leaders of various Kannadiga Associations in UAE present have promised that they will request all their members to get registered with the Forum.
KNRI Forum UAE, Vice President B.K. Ganesh Rai conducted the meeting and shared some of the important information’s one need to know.
Dinner was served at the end and Joint Secretary M.E. Moolur rendered the vote of thanks.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.