Mumbai, (The Hindu): Eight labourers were injured after a fire broke out at a chemical company in Turbhe MIDC on Sunday evening. Some of the fire tenders engaged in the operations at Stock Holding Corporation of India were transferred to Modepro India private limited at plot no 16/2.
“The reactor in the company caught fire, which led to the blast of four boilers. The labourers have suffered minor injuries. While five of them were taken to Mahajan Hospital at Rabale, three were taken to the NMMC Hospital in Vashi,” Suryawanshi, manager of the company, said.
Nearly 40 workers were present when the explosion occurred. The compound wall was shattered injuring the workers.
Around 10 fire tenders from the MIDC, CIDCO and the NMMC were involved in the exercise. The fire was brought under control in four hours. Prima facie, officials suspect that rise in the pressure while transferring chemicals from one drum to another might be the reason. “Being a chemical solvent, we used foam to douse the fire. Now the cooling procedure is going on,” MIDC fire officer R.B. patil said.
Due to the fear that the blaze might spread, nearby buildings were evacuated.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.