Mumbai, (The Hindu): A 32-year-old man lost his life after he entered an MRI room carrying an oxygen cylinder and was sucked into the MRI machine due to its powerful magnetic field at the BYL Nair hospital in Agripada on Saturday evening. The Agripada police have registered an FIR in connection with the incident.
Police officials said the victim, Rajesh Maru, had accompanied his brother-in-law Harish Solanki to the hospital, as Mr. Solanki's mother was admitted to the hospital. She had been provided an oxygen cylinder to help her breathe, and Mr. Maru was holding it when she was being taken for an MRI scan.
Mr. Solanki, in his complaint, told the police that Mr. Maru stopped at the entrance, knowing that metallic objects are not permitted inside an MRI room. However, according to Mr. Solanki, the ward boy told him it was okay to enter with the cylinder. As soon as he entered the room, he was sucked into the machine along with the cylinder, and got stuck between the machine's frame and the cylinder.
Mr. Maru was pulled out with some difficulty and rushed to the emergency ward, where he was declared dead 10 minutes later.
Dr. Ramesh Bharmal, dean at the Nair hospital said Resident Doctor Siddhant Shah, ward boy Vittal Chavan and an 'aayah' named Sunita Surve, who have been mentioned in the FIR, have been suspended.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.