Mumbai, (The Hindu): Three persons including two children died due to electrocution as pre-monsoon showers lashed some parts of Mumbai on Saturday evening.
A release from the municipal corporation’s disaster control room identified the deceased as Anil Yadav (32), Sara Khan (9) and Omkar Phadtare (10).
Yadav and Khan died after coming in contact with live electric wire while walking down a road in Khindipada area in Bhandup West arond 8.30 pm.
Omkar Phadtare and his friend received electric shock in Shivkripa Nagar area near Bhandup railway station. While Omkar died in hospital, his friend was seriously injured and was being treated.
Bishwombhar Singh, director in-charge, Regional Weather Forecasting Centre, Mumbai said pre-monsoon showers hit the city and other parts of Maharashtra as well.
“Monsoon is yet to arrive in the State. Pre-monsoon activities are currently seen in entire Maharashtra including Mumbai and Thane,” he said.
The showers caused water-logging in the city, slowing down the evening traffic. Lightning and heavy winds accompanied the rains.
People took to social media to welcome respite from the sweltering summer.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.