By Shanaya Mehta Photo credit Google
Summers have set in and everyone is looking for an escape to cool hills where one can spend a few days, or a weekend may be, in a cool bliss.
Here are EIGHT destinations close to Bangalore that one can visit to beat the heat.
1. Coorg- Situated about 265 km from Bangalore, the Scotland of India is one of the coolest, literally, places one can visit in the summers in south India. The beautiful view of the valley and the misty mornings refresh your senses.
2. Chikmagalur – If you’re someone who would like to see the most beautiful coffee plantations near Bangalore, Chikmagalur, lying 250 km from Bangalore is the place for you. You can hire a bike in Bangalore and ride your way to the coffee town with friends on a weekend.
3. Ooty- The love of many, ooty remains to be the most frequented destination of the south. Known for its cool temperature and beautiful sites, it is a haven for those who wish to spend time in the lap of nature.
4. Kudremukh-The ultimate place for nature lovers and trekkers, this lush green hill station, also known as horse hills, is one of the best places one can visit in summers. Lying 330 km from Bangalore these hills will transport you to a world beyond the material and the waterfalls will leave you dewy eyed.
5. Wayanad- A town known for spice plantations and its biodiversity, this is one place wildlife photographers must visit if they wish to capture wild animals in their camera. Known for Edakkal caves, sultana bathery and wayand wild life sanctuary, it is perfect for shutterbugs to click away to their hearts’ content. They can get a bike on rent in Bangalore and ride to the picturesque location.
6. Bellikal–Those who wish for a quiet weekend, away from the hustle-bustle can pack their bags, hire a bike in Bangalore and escape to Bellikal, a place where time seems to stand still. Bellikkal lake, Bison valley and Kalhatti falls are the major attractions of the place and you can spend your weekend in the serene green hills without a care in the world.
7. Yelagiri- Yelagiri, an un-commercialized little town located 160 km from Bangalore is like less hyped ooty. It is famous for its orchards and valleys full of flowers. It is now being developed into a destination for adventure sports too. Those on a tight budget can get bikes on rent and take a short trip to Yelagiri.
8. Nandi hills – Among the most visited tourist destination, Nandi Hills lies around 60 km from the main city of Bangalore and is easily accessible by road. You can either go for site seeing or visit major tourist attractions like Tipu’s Drop, Tipu’s Palace, Gandhi house and ancient temples. Get bikes on rent form a bike rental like Wheelstreet and have a fun week-end get-away in Nandi Hills.
Disclaimer: Please write your correct name and email address. Kindly do not post any personal, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, discriminatory or unlawful or similar comments. canaranews.com will not be responsible for any defamatory message posted under this article.
Please note that under 66A of the IT Act, sending offensive or menacing messages through electronic communication service and sending false messages to cheat, mislead or deceive people or to cause annoyance to them is punishable. It is obligatory on CANARANEWS to provide the IP address and other details of senders of such comments, to the authority concerned upon request.
Hence, sending offensive comments using canaranews will be purely at your own risk, and in no way will canaranews.com be held responsible.