Kasargod: A girl died when she accidentally stamped on a live cable at Ethadka, Kumbdaje on Monday. Her mother Jayanti Moolya has sustained serious injuries and is admitted in the hospital. The deceased is Arpita (6), daughter of Ethadka resident Jayarama and Jayanti. Arpita was a student of first standard at Ethadka U P School.
The incident happened during the evening when the girl came from school and went out in the premises of her house. An electric cable had snapped as a tree had fallen on it during heavy breeze, thunder and lightning. The girl received the shock after she stamped on the live cable and her mother too received the same after she tried to save her daughter.
The electric supply was stopped immediately. As doctors asked to take Arpita to the hospital, she was rushed to Kasargod general hospital. But her life could not be saved.