Sunday 18th, February 2018
canara news

Shop catches fire

Published On : 06 Feb 2018


Puttur: A shop belonging to Mansoor, a scrap dealer, at Uppinangady caught fire on Sunda. Fire was started due to short circuit, it is said. Old plastic materials worth about Rs one lac turned into ashes in this fire. Two fire tenders belonging to the local fire brigade rushed to the spot and extinguished the flames.

High tension power lines pass above the said shop. As per information, a coconut frond which fell on the high tension line caused this fire. After the stock of plastic items caught fire, locals called the fire brigade and power sub-station.

Power supply to the area was cut off. As most of the stock in the said shop was sold on Saturday, fire could be controlled without much difficulty.

 


Write your Comments